YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 29, 2011

Guten Tag!

Woah it has been so long since my last post that I sort of forgot the name of my blog...oooops...but luckily Google knew what I was searching for and led me in the right direction.

So...today as part of my family's "staycation" we went into SLC to a little German deli called Siegfried's. Needless to say, the food was FABTAB! I love German food, and since Linds served her mish there she was able to translate the menu for us all. I do however, know that rotkohl (amazing red cabbage cooked in lots of other ingredients) is one of my FAVS along with Spaetzle (thick noodles covered in brown gravy). I got extra excited when I saw they had marzipan cake on the menu and most def had to have a slice. You can prob tell from the picture below that I speedily devoured that sucker in record time.

After a sehr gut lunch (look at me being all bi-lingual) we went to this strange store called the EMP store...or maybe it was called EMS...either way it was basically a giant DI only everything was new-ish. I think the products come from loads that were damaged on trucks or something like that because everything was REALLY cheap, and expired- like seriously what joint would sell yogurt that had expired 2 months ago??? Definitely Josie-Grossie. I did, however, find The Wedding Singer and Bride Wars brand new, for like $3 a piece. What a steal!

After the SLC adventure we returned to good old Tooele where we went to see Cowboys and Aliens, or as my Mother called it, "Cowboys and Indians." Apparently she was a tad confused with what movie we were actually seeing. Anywho...it was a really great movie and the fact that Daniel Craig is the star (who is veeery easy on the eyes) only makes it more of a great flick. Whelp the day is coming to an end, so please do enjoy these photos from my day.

We're SOOOO excited to eat German food!

Mom is happy, Dad is confused at the menu...

Some lovely flags. 
Marzipan cake=party in my MOUTH


Das Menu.
Auf Wiedersehen!!!!

No comments: