YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Man-Go


mmmmmmmm.....

Fact: Mangoes are my favorite fruit. It has recently been decided.


Fact: Today I had possibly the best, most delicious and juicy mango of my life. So juicy, in fact that I  didn't even care that the juice was running down my arms as I hovered over the kitchen sink.


 Fact: I was SOOO-count them 3 Os!!!- Excited to hear from my good pal Austin that mangoes are very popular in the Philippines and you can get huge suckers for real low cheap! Who know, maybe for even like...one money!!! HOLLAR!!!

SOOOOOO  GOOOOOD!




Fact: The BEST way to eat a mango, besides devouring it over the sink, is to eat it over sticky rice covered in coconut milk. (Menu item #1 on the menu at The Thai  House  in Tooele) (yes, I'm a regular there...)

 To my left here you can find a lovely little diagram showing the proper way to cut a mango. (I also learned how to do this at my nifty produce job. No big deal.

  • Step Uno: Slice neatly along pit
  • Step 2: Score mango vertically
  • Step Next: Score mango horizontally completing a checkerboard look
  • Step Last: Turn peel inside out to get cute little mango squares!
 
Holy! Who knew there were THAT many different types of mangoes!!?!??!?
Also, who knows if it's MANGOS, or MANGOES???
(my spellcheck says mangoes, but who really knows?)
Annnnnd if you're as obsessed with mangoes as I am, feel free to check out this neato website I found!

No comments: