YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 21, 2011

*Insert Clever Title Here*

Fact: I am hopelessly devoted and insanely in love with chapstick. I can NOT live without it. Boy, have I tried and boy did I fail miserably. It is just a part of my existence. I MUST always have a stick with me at all times and when those unfortunate and inevitable situations arise where I am chapstickless, then I can't stop thinking about my lips, which forces me to constantly lick them, only making them more in need of some chapsticky moisturizing action and then I go all crazy/anxious because I can't satisfy my chapstick needs. Needless to say, I can DEFINITELY sympathize with Napoleon Dynamite.

So here is the lowdown on my chapstick obsession... Do enjoy.

I absolutely LOATHE any chapstick/lip balm/ lip gloss that falls under these categories:
-Glittery, sparkly, or anything bedazzled. (sorry mom.)
-Edible (yes I did have a "juicy lips" lip gloss in elementary school. It was sour flavored. I was young. Don't judge. )
-Overly sticky so that every time I walk outside my whole head of hair sticks to my lips like a magnet. (Although I will make an exception with Bath and Body Works lip mentha lip gloss IF AND ONLY IF there are no other suitable chapsticks available.)
-Any flavor that is flavored after a candy bar, ice cream flavor, or carbonated beverage.

For your reading pleasure I have graciously listed my fav chapsticks to give you an idea on just how serious my chapstick obsession really is. (lets just say I'm a chapstick connoisseur)


Favs
-Chapstick brand chapstick. (best flavors are green and blue followed by black and then pink but hardly ever Cherry)

     

-Nivea "A Kiss of Moisture." I can lather this stuff on over and over again for hours. It is just sooooo silky smooth. Also this was my special chapstick in school that I didn't let anyone use, because apparently I'm the "go to" girl for chapstick. Hmmm...wonder why?


-Burt's Bees. Original mint flavor. Now I know people have said they put in "re-chapping agents" but dangit Burt knows his stuff and I like the way it tingles so lay off!

-Yes To Carrots-mint. I always go for mint. Aaaand it has essence of carrot in it...healthy right!?

-Good ole' Vaseline. You can never go wrong with Vaseline.





Also...there is one chapstick that I will never use unless in ABSOLUTE emergencies and after my first emergency lip mentha crap isn't available either, and that is carmex. I was a fan once long ago, but I just can't stand anything about it now, especially the smell and the way it tastes...not that I eat it, but you know how chapstick always ends up in your mouth??? You do.
  {P.S. THIS is the stuff I make people use when they ask for chapstick.... heheh I'm so cruel}



Welp there you have it! If you know of any other great chapsticks I should try that do not fall under any of the   "no-no's" categories then let me know!!!!

Peace out.

2 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

You crack me up! Im a.. Chapsticker(?) too.. Try the Aquafina brand lip balm.. I love it. And also my personal favorite is Blistex deep renewal! It feels SO good on the lipppps. Haha.

Caren said...

I LOVE Burt's and Carmex!!! HATE Chapstick...it is so thick and waxy, yuck!!