YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lately...

I finally bought a Golds Gym membership ONLY because they offered me a month-to-month membership. That was 2 weeks ago, and I've only gone 4 times. I'm a slacker, but I'm getting better. Yesterday I mustered up the courage to go swim laps-something I haven't done since I was a sophomore in high school when I played water polo. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Luckily I had the WHOLE pool (all 3 lanes...) to myself so I didn't embarrass myself in front of anyone while attempting to do the somersault/smoothly glide into a new lap maneuver, of which I still haven't perfected. I suppose it's normal to get gallons of water up your nose while attempting this feat? After I was done swimming I went into the wet sauna (spa?) and let me tell you, it was very hard to breath in there and I felt like I was in an egg. So I went into the dry sauna where there was a guy-fully clothed sitting near the door. I walked in still wearing my swimming suit, swim cap with goggles, dripping wet and sat on the opposite side of the room from him. Then the awkward conversation began. He mentioned how warm it was in there (I mean NO DUH we're in a sauna) and I said it was better than the wet sauna. He then proceeded to explain how it was "broken" not too long ago, and I nodded and "ah-humed" at the appropriate times trying to act interested, when in fact I was just avoiding eye contact so he wouldn't jump me. Needless to say, I didn't spend too long in the sauna.

Here's to hoping your gym experiences are less awkward than mine.
-Meagan


P.S. I would DEF drive this car. Just sayin.
051111141304.jpg

No comments: